Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Pertinence of Pie

Thanksgiving is a time for people to give thanks for the important things in their lives such as friends, family, career, love, health, good fortune and food. Without these things, life is meaningless. My let's-smoke-pot-and-get-pregnant-so-we-can-be-cool school decided to make a scrumptious holiday dinner for students and family to all get together and have some food. I would say good food, but who am I kidding? Cafeteria food is still cafeteria food. Not that I'm complaining. Who can bring themselves to complain when we had pie? At let's-smoke-pot-and-get-pregnant-so-we can-be-cool school, this is revolutionary. So revolutionary, in fact, it dominated all intelligent conversation for the remainder of the afternoon.

In Spanish class, my fellow overly-ambitious classmates discussed why it is impossible to not like pie. There are so many different kinds! You can't just "not like" pie in general. It's a sin. A couple of classmates and myself began listing all of the different kinds of pie that there are. Our teacher started to get mildly annoyed at us and looked like she was about to throw a text book at me. Teachers, heh, they seem to get so cranky when you disrupt a test review to talk about pie. I'm telling you, there's just no imagination in people these days...

Because of the startling amount of wit and knowledge that I have aquired while attending let's-smoke-pot-and-get-pregnant-so-we-can-be-cool school, I quickly came up with win-win solution. We could continue to discuss pie's delicious variability in Spanish! Plus, it couldn't hurt to incorporate it into our readings. There's nothing like a good class discussion to increase the I.Q. of a classroom.

Me gusta el pastel:
  1. el pastel de manzanas
  2. el pastel de limones
  3. el pastel de limonada
  4. el pastel de papas
  5. el pastel de cebollas
  6. el pastel de guacomole
  7. el pastel de pelo
  8. el pastel de gato
  9. el pastel de cafetero
  10. el pastel de vaca

No comments:

Post a Comment